What Is a Video Marketing Company?
Creating video content has become a necessary element of any company’s marketing strategy, as video is being viewed at higher and higher rates each year. Creating and sharing video content increases organic reach and keeps your audience engaged for longer periods of time.
To ensure your company is being found by your target demographic, it’s critical that you mak video content that grabs their attention and leads them back to your social platforms and website. However, not all businesses have the time or resources to create videos in-house. If this is the case for you and your business, you can work with a video marketing company to create your video content externally. This partnership will allow you to keep up with the demands of the market, without stretching yourself too thin.
A video marketing agency is a third-party business to which you can outsource your video content production and marketing strategy. A video marketing company differs from a video content creation company in a few ways. The primary difference is that digital video agencies will typically offer more than just content creation services by also providing comprehensive marketing services. These services include but are not limited to content creation, marketing strategy, ad placement, and more.
Benefits of Hiring a Video Marketing Production Company
While it can be tempting to try to create all your video in-house, there are many advantages to hiring a marketing video agency. In fact, hiring an agency saves you quite a bit of time and money in the long run. Here are a few of the many reasons why it’s beneficial to hire a content production agency to assist with your video marketing content creation.
- You get all the experts at your fingertips without having to staff an internal team. By working with a company that specializes in video creation, you can feel confident that your content is being created by top-tier experts without having to build a new team within your organization.
- Outsourcing your video creation eliminates the need for owning and maintaining professional video equipment, which is never cheap and requires great care when handling.
- You eliminate the burden of trying to coordinate every stage of the filming process. There are many elements that go into video production, such as storyboarding, scriptwriting, finding and booking a location, setting up lighting and audio equipment, sorting through footage, and editing.
- You remove the guesswork out of which channels to choose for your business, as well as the best practices for publishing on each channel. Hiring a video marketing agency gives you access to professional editors that know all the relevant specs when publishing on specific channels.
- You increase your ability to create/maintain evergreen content and eliminate the need to develop a video content plan by yourself. When you hire a marketing video agency, that’s done for you!
The top video marketing agencies will do all of this and more for you and your company, freeing up time and resources you can dedicate elsewhere.
How to Find a Scroll-Stopping Video Marketing Agency
Even once you have decided to outsource your video content creation, finding the right company can feel daunting. The best video marketing agencies will provide you with the information you need to make an educated decision regarding what’s best for your business. Here are a few things to look out for as you investigate your options for video creation companies.
Peruse the Portfolio
In order to create and implement a successful video marketing strategy, you need to make sure you are hiring the video ad agency that will be the right fit for you. Before deciding to work with a particular video marketing agency, it’s important to look at their portfolio. As you look at their content, you should consider the following…
- Does their work match the level of quality you expect to see in your final product?
- Does the style of their work align with your current marketing materials? If this agency tends to make more serious videos while you prefer to share light-hearted content, they may not be the fit for you.
- Do they create the type of videos you’d like to use? For example, do they specialize in longer, documentary-style videos or short-form social content? Which would you prefer to utilize on your platforms?
Explore Industry Experience
Learning more about the experience of the video marketing agencies you are considering is an essential step of the decision-making process when it comes to deciding who to hire. Reviews and referrals are a great way to better understand how a company works, as well as whether they are the right fit for you.
As you get to know a video advertising agency, you should consider who this agency has worked with. Ask yourself the following questions…
- Do they have knowledge of your industry?
- Have they created content like yours in the past? With so many different types of video content, it’s important to make sure you know if they have experience creating the types of videos you wish to focus on.
- If they do not have that experience, what’s the most similar type of content they do have experience creating?
Remember that while experience is an important element to consider, it’s not everything. You may find an agency that creates fantastic work and feels like a perfect fit, but doesn’t have experience in your industry. Consider whether you believe they can create the content you’d like to see before writing them off entirely.
Learn How Well They Know Your Audience
As you’re looking into a video ad company’s experience, you should take into consideration what audiences they have worked with. As you determine where their experience lies, you should be considering not only the industries they have worked in, but also the platforms they have published on. Each social sharing platform is appealing to a unique demographic, meaning the audiences they’re comfortable with will differ based on where they tend to share — and see success with — their content.
As you know, your marketing strategy must be customized for your specific audience for it to truly resonate with them. To learn more about whether this agency is prepared to create video content targeted to your specific audience, you can look at their experience and their portfolio, and you can have open conversations about their workflow and processes. The best video marketing agencies will recognize the importance of targeted content and welcome discussion around your audience and goals.
Find One That Fits Your Budget
To set expectations and make sure both you and the agency are on the same page, be sure to discuss budget expectations prior to hiring a video marketing agency. The best video marketing agency for you and your company will be open to discussion around budget, as well as expectations, timelines, and more. It’s important to be open and honest as you have these conversations so that you both can decide if this is a partnership you want to pursue.
Oftentimes, companies will offer different packages for their services, with prices increasing alongside runtime, production days, and so on. If this is the case, you may be able to find a package that fits your needs. However, if a company is out of your price range entirely, it’s best to know this early on so you can begin exploring other options.
Unlock the Benefits of Outsourcing Your Content to an Expert Video Marketing Company
If you’d like to explore video marketing, but don’t have the time or resources to create your own video content in-house, then you may want to consider working with an agency. Working with a video marketing company allows you to create and share high-quality video content without needing to purchase and maintain equipment, organize video shoots, learn to edit, or build a full team.
If working with an agency is something you’d like to pursue, consider reaching out to Charter & Co. We have you covered from concept to implementation and every step along the way, making sure you’re set up for the best marketing strategy for your unique needs.